Meet the Maker
I'm Jaymes Stevens with J. M. Stevens Knives. As a child, I loved looking at the old gunsmithing catalogs that my dad had around the house. I was always seeing the knife kits in those catalogs and wanted to build one.
My father was a tool and die maker most of his life, so he taught me how to make my first knife in his personal shop. He also worked alongside a knifemaker who is now a mastersmith, so I got to attend my first knife show around age 10.
From that day on, I was hooked. I followed in his footsteps and also became a tool and die maker for over 16 years, but knifemaking was always a hobby I pursued in my spare time. In a recent turn of events, I was afforded the opportunity to chase my lifelong passion and become a full-time bladesmith. I can honestly say I now love going to work every single day.
If you have purchased a J. M. Stevens product and would like to leave a review, please do so HERE.
1. Fill out the Custom Knife request form HERE.
2. We will get back to you with a quote within 3 business days.
3. After the quote has been approved, we will require a 50% deposit in order to procure supplies.
4. Once we have received this deposit, Jaymes will begin working on the knife.
5. After finishing the knife, you will be invoiced for the remaining balance plus shipping and tax.
6. After full payment is received, we will ship your item within 1-3 business days. You will be sent a tracking number so you can know when to expect your custom creation. We will even throw a little something extra in with it.